THL Eats Online Ordering Support
Fraud with card payment
There are 2 possibilities why customers initiate a charge back for an order which was previously paid by card:
1. The customer simply forgot about this.
2. The credit card was stolen and the real card holder initiated the charge back.
In order to rule out (1) we suggest you call / email the customer and ask whether this is a mistake. In case it was a mistake then you need to tell the client not to do this at their next order.
In ANY case you need to dispute the charge back and provide to the payment gateway all evidence you have. This included the order confirmation, official invoice / receipt from the POS system. Ideally the signed delivery slip that the driver kept as evidence that the delivery was completed.
In case the charge back is won, then you get to keep the money so you are ok.
In case the charge back is lost then it gets a bit more complicated since you are dealing with a real credit card fraudster and you need to do a few things:
1. File a report with the police. This report MUST contain at the very minimum:
- All order details
- Date & time as well as the IP address from where the order was placed
- If it was a delivery order include the delivery slip that the driver kept as evidence that the delivery was completed
- If it was a pickup order then include footage of the CCTV that shows the customer
- When you file your case with the police ask for the reference ID of your case
2. Instruct all delivery drivers that they MUST hand over the delivery at the door, not in front of the door, not on the street. The reason for this is that the fraudsters use the neighbors address. Then they wait in front of the neighbors house on the street. This way they don’t give up their real address yet they still get their delivery. If the restaurant implements this policy then they can’t get their food.
3. Instruct all delivery drivers to have food-clients sign the delivery slip when the delivery is handed over. This will also make a stronger case at the police. Furthermore make the drivers ask for identification and have them note down the real name.
4. Usually there is only one fraudster responsible for more fraud orders. Unfortunately the fraudster won’t stop until he is caught or stopped. Therefore you must file a new case for every fraud order AND you should follow up with the police on previous cases so they know that you don’t give up on this.